Sunday, April 15, 2007

Step it up!

So yesturday was really busy, I woke up late and then went to Step it Up!, a national Earth Day Protest for Global Warming solutions with my family. It was kinda lame, no chanting, lots of people trying to change indiviual habits and not the system. Plus it rained, a lot, and very hard. Uncharacteristically hard, even for Seattle. So I got soaked to the bone, and then some. My hair is short and curly, so when it started to rain my hair grew to the point where my sweatshirt hood didn't stay on very well. The black dye in my shoes leaked on my feet. After the march we walked to Pike Place, we used the restroom at the most touristy Tully's in the city. We ate some really good food at a Turkish restaurant called Turkish Delight. They make their own turkish delight, but we didn't eat any. I had some pretty good lentil soup and an awesome spinach pie, which the menu called spinach böreks. At this point my blisters got really bad so I took off my shoes, and then my family and I walked around in Pike Place Market a little, while I carried my shoes and probably gave the tourists the wrong idea about locals. Even though I don't even live in Seattle, I live in the Puget Sound area.

Today I have a lot of homework and won't be posting much, if at all. Bye.

No comments: