Friday, April 13, 2007

Orthodontics and teh Radio + my mysteriously lost crochet hook set

Hey, so only one post today, probably more tomorrow, or really later today after some sleep.

I went to the orthodontist today, or yesterday, got a lot of work done, it's a big ordeal because my orthodontist is far away from my house and I have some tricky teeth. I'm congenitaly missing eight of my adult teeth, my teeth are/were pretty crooked and gappy and my roots are pretty long so I get a lot of oral surgery because my baby teeth roots don't disentigrate enough. I've had braces for almost four years now. The latest thing is my upper canines, which never got loose, were pulled. But the adult canines hadn't been coming down, even with disintigrated roots, so the did something called an exposure. The oral surgeon cut open my gums, but a bracket on my adult teeth, tied the brackets to my wire, and then closed my gums up. Now each time I have a visit they tie the tooth down to make it come out. This visit was only unique in the fact that the anti was upped.

This post isn't really about my braces. On the way to the orthodontist we were listening to the radio in the car since it is usually almost an hour to my orthodontist. We were listening to kbcs a local radio station, I'm pretty sure it's a public radio station, you'ld have to check out there website. Anyways, their is this one show called the Daily Planet which I really like. It runs from three to five and in the afternoon and plays music from either around the world or music that is unusual. I really like most of the music that runs the gamut from Quebebcois fishing-dances to Thai dance-pop, whith a lot of latin music. They also get points for their name, which I believe is the name of the newspaper that Clark Kent works on, but correct me if I'm wrong.

When I got home from the orthdontist watched some tv and crocheted, but when I wanted to put my hook away, my hook set case had mysteriously vanished. I searched high and low and even moved the couch, but to no avail. There is a happy ending though, I found my hook set case just lying on the floor, cleverly only slightly obscured from view. So this was a pretty uneventlyful day. But I had had some friends over recently to watch Firefly, so my fun quotent has sort of been filled for a spell, unfortunatly before I started blogging. Seriously. Listen To Daily Planet, if you get kbcs.

Up Next: Pictures of my recent projects and YouTube vids I like.

No comments: