Saturday, April 14, 2007

It takes a theif

So my dad and I were talking about how the concept behind the Discovery Channel Show, It Takes a Theif would make a better novel than reality tv show. That got me thinking about the show It Takes a Theif. The title is based off of the homily/saying that it takes a theif to know a theif. I don't really like the show very much. Besides the fact that the main characters don't seem very charismatic to me, the show seems both manipulative and overly informative to the wrong kind of people. The show starts out with them figuring out which house in a given neighborhood would be the easiest to rob, in excruciating detail. Then they wait for the family to get home, they ask permission to do the show. Afterwards they rob and totally violate the family's home and belongings, while making the horrified family watch. Afterwards they give the family a home makeover for home safety. But still, they've just taught the television watching public how to rob a home! Plus it's basically just an ad for alarm systems. It just rubs me the wrong way. If you like this show, email me or leave a comment arguing your case, I promise I will listen and consider.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Agreed, I saw this show yesterday and the fake horror on the fake victim's face was just offensive. My house has been broken into and all I could think / shout at the TV was: "Hay dumbasses, you are getting your crappy stuff back." I wholeheartedly agree that it is a stupid waste of network time.