Thursday, April 19, 2007

Forensics, no not like CSI

So my english teacher, who is one of my favourite teachers, also teaches debate. She has decided that she want's to have the debate team compete at official competions, if you are a speech and debate geek you can ignore the following. Debate competions means Forensics, forensic competion is a series of individual events, like track and field for public speaking and has nothing to do with solving crimes. The most well known event is probably debate, however there are many more events outlined in the Wikipedia articule, I guess I probably need to get out more if I think that some of these events sound really fun. So yesturday I indicated to my teacher that I would like to partake of some other Forensics events that weren't debate, so I'm going to foray in to the excitin world of individual speech and debate.

On Friday I am going to start Judo again. Finally getting back into a combat sport after I got a contusion (it's a really bad bruise that causes tissue damage, my 209 pound partner's knee fell on my wrist, hard, I was in a splint for a month and recovering for several months), although that was from regular old high-school wrestling.

Finally I have recieved my first comment from someone who I'm not sure who they are. Congratulations Rouge Onion! May you be the first of many readers.

No comments: