Friday, April 27, 2007

MRI today

So it turns out that my braces weren't a problem for an MRI. So I had one today, we went in at 8:15 this morning, I was the only patient in the waiting room and I was the first one to use the restroom, I knew this because the water in the bowl was still blue. As soon as I exited the restroom there was a woman waiting to take me back. She took me to a room to change in out of my clothing with metal. My jeans, my glasses, my sweatshirt and my bra. I got some help with the gown and was given some non slip tube socks. Then the woman lead me to the MRI room, which save for the giant MRI tube and all of imaging supplies and wedges and whatnot was sort of decorated like a living room or a waiting room. It was quite chilly because of the skylight window in the ceiling, which I was glad about because I went in feet first and it was nice have a view of the sky. I set up, given a choice of earplugs or headphones with a choice of genres and I picked headphones with classical. There were several images taken. Getting MRIed is a weired feeling, very weird. The high point was I got to keep non-slip slippers. I'm going to see how many of them I can get over the course of this whole thing.

No comments: