Friday, May 25, 2007

Today, is well, today

Well yesturday was an orchestra concert. We did okay, I was a little rough at the beginning. We played an arrangment of the Overature to Barber of Seville (written by Rossini as a sequel to Mozart's The Marriage of Figaro) and an unarranged version (that means you are playing exactly what the composer wrote for each instrument) of the first movment (the jig) of St. Paul's Suite. Itsort of sounded like the theme from Pirates. The 8th graders, (just to clarify I am in frosh orchestra) played a song called Rosin Eating Zombies From Space, which was hit, but I didn't get to hear it. Then the upperclassmen played a well executed piece that I wasn't crazy about. Then, becuase this was the Gala concert and the last concert for the seniors in the Symphonic Orchestra, the orchestra teacher said stuff about the seniors, then the seniors talked about the teacher. Very sweet. Then they played the first suite form Carmen.
Afterward I had a fight with my parents, it started with usual my dad being kind of annoyed with my inconstant editorialising, it's not like I don't realize that it's annoying, I just can't stop myself. Then they mentioned my weight. I am over weight, since I got injured mid-wrestling season, I have been gaining more weight. I realize this, but they won't let me wrestle next year if I don't get down to 180 or at least 190, but preferably 175. They don't understand that wrestling is really the only excercise I like, and dieting sucks, and it's lame becuase none of my friends understand and I'm not a person that really needs to worry about apperance, I'm a geek, I could be drop-dead gorgous, and still be "weird" and therefore unattractive. My mom apolgized becuase some things got said that were especially hurtful. I'm sort of keeping my distance, also becuase whenever bad things happen I get really anxious and obsecesive. So expect some serious insomnia, although of I sort of know what to do when I'm too anxious to sleep. Today is towel day, but the towel is more functioning as a security blanket.

No comments: