Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Doctors, today and baking

So yesturday I went to the doctor at Children's to get an opinoin on surgery. They said it probably wasn't cancer, because they see they exact same thing in most benign tumors, but for the sake of my fibula and pain issues (a lot and often, not good) it wouldn't be a bad idea, but isn't urgent. Children's has the vague feeling of being to young and the parking is based on pictorals. So the parking lot feels like and amusement park, until you look to the side and get obvious hospital vibes. While a resident was doing the usual roll your pants up, take off your shoes, press against my hand, walk across the room naturally thing the doctor opened the door on me. Today I went to school, watch Bass Lurmans Romeo+Juliet in English to compliment the text (teacher called the lenght we watched a snippito, gotta love a goofy teacher), played with dirt in science (hazardous waste unit, soil permeability, I am not in middle school and doing experiments to learn scientific method), went to a birthday celebration in school.
So I've been baking lately; not very good at it. I've made okay scones, but they never come out the same, I misread directions for biscuits, so they tasted of baking soda and weren't very tender. Then I make lemon bars, I ran out of flour, so I substituted oatmeal in the lemoney (or in my case limey) filling. And the filling never set, it's sweet lime goo on a crust. Not Good. But I still like baking.

No comments: