Friday, October 19, 2007

Wow, jeez

So when I reread all the of the Harry Potter books in order and it was really the first time I had read them since the sixth book had come out, and I was not even 14 yet when that happened, so I was still reading it the same way that I did when I was 8 and 10. However this time I was reading it as a young adult and started wondering about the random minutiae of the lush world that Rowling had creates. Were there gay wizards? Where are the disabled wizards? Wizard birth control? WIzard feminine hygiene? If wizards wear robes do they wear shorts to prevent their thighs from chafing? Random crap like that. Well it turns out that their are gay wizards and Dumbledore was not only gay, but had an unrequited crush on Grindlewald, I kid you not, straight from the horse's mouth, here's the quote from mugglenet, "2,000 lucky fans had the opportunity to interact with JK Rowling this evening at Carnegie Hall. The reading was rather eventful, as Jo revealed a lot of new information previously unknown about the series.

The most notable news of the night was the revelation of Dumbledore's sexuality. Jo says Dumbledore was gay and in love with Gellert Grindelwald. JK, in response to the audience's reaction, said "If I had known this would have made you so happy, I would have told you years ago."

Not quite as head-turning, but equally significant, Jo announced Neville Longbottom's marriage with Hannah Abbott. Hannah became the new landlady of the Leaky Cauldron.

Other heart-warming (ha!) news was revealed about Petunia Dursley. The night Harry left Privet Drive, Petunia wanted to tell Harry, "I know what you're up against and I hope it turns out okay."" Wow. On another note I'm going to start doing the blog as audio as soon as I can hammer out the HTML, it's more convienent to talk and do some html than to write for me. Oh and Chuck and Pushing Daisies is awesome.

No comments: